Foothill Conservancy booth, 2019 Amador County Fair
Foothill Conservancy is looking for an unpaid, long-term, dedicated, and enthusiastic office support volunteer. This is the perfect opportunity to learn firsthand about nonprofit operations and contribute to the great work we do. For more information, please review the job description (see below). If you’re interested or would like to know more, please send us an e-mail
describing why you want to volunteer for us.
We also need volunteers to help with everything from putting events together to stuffing envelopes. If you’d like to help out, please send us an e-mail with your contact information, and let us know what kind of work you’d like to do. Thanks!
If things go according to plan, we’ll need volunteers to help at our annual dinner and our annual Mokelumne River raft trips, help create and work at our Amador County Fair booth in late July, and help with our annual Mokelumne River Cleanup in September. We hope you can lend a hand. It'll be both rewarding and fun.
More about our office volunteer needs
The Office Assistant will perform a variety of tasks depending on project deadlines in the Foothill Conservancy office or at other locations as determined by organizational need (such as events). This will include administrative tasks as assigned by the Executive Director. This position helps to extend the resources in the Foothill Conservancy to better fulfill our mission.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Data entry
- Archival and filing
- Transcribing meeting minutes
- Member, volunteer, donor management assistance
- Social media assistance
- Event planning
- Other duties as assigned
- Must be dependable and punctual
- Be courteous and personable when dealing with the public
- Be self-directed, willing to take initiative, and detail-oriented
- Respect and maintain confidentiality of Foothill Conservancy, volunteers, partners, and donors
- Microsoft Office experience
- Clean driving record and proof of liability insurance
- 6-10 hours per week
- Some weekends
- Flexible scheduling
Volunteer skills building
- Team building skills
- Office administration skills
- Work experience in nonprofit outreach and communications